Monday, August 25, 2008

DC X ATMOS NEW YORK EDITION | Colin Mckay & Danny Way

During my three year stint at ATMOS NYC as the manager, I had the opportunity to work with DC Shoes to make these SMU (special make-up) Danny Way and Colin Mckay. When DC product developer, Homie Diaz came to ATMOS NYC, he mentioned about making a special make up for ATMOS NYC. I suggested to DC shoes that DC and ATMOS should make a real skate shoes, I meant to say is that DC Shoes is a skate brand and so far all it's past special make ups were either just for the color way, Rock Star, or a store name on it, or a famous graf artist putting his design on it. I m not saying that is wrong, I have respect for some of the artist DC shoes used in the past, for example KAWS, ANDRE,etc...

I wanted the New York edition to be a true skate shoes! The style and color way represents Harlem (red blue and white) with the big "HARLEM" lace lock, it looks huge on the sneakers!
And the material is made up with ballistic nylon which is great for skating and very durable and light in weight. It was all put together by "CoolCalmPete" from SUPREME New York. So now the DC Shoes are finally coming out in SEPT 2008! Hopefully i can get a pair after all the work I put into at ATMOS NYC......

We have to wait and see....






No comments: